If you don't climb the mountain...
You can't enjoy the view!
Cycle the Pyrénées -
Awe-inspiring, epic proportions.
The mountains for Climbing Connoisseurs!
Road Cycling at its most iconic.
Enjoy the natural beauty of the French Pyrénées.
A ride to remember
Live the dream ...
Iconic Climbs Pyrénées Challenge
VéloRoo’s Pyrénées Iconic Climbs Challenge is about experiencing the moment with incredible bike riding amidst the Haute Pyrenees. Discover two magnificent areas rich with cycling monuments, hidden local favourites and World Heritage listed areas of outstanding natural beauty ...
Cycling Tour Highlights
- Bucket list Pyrenees climbs,
- Col d’Aspin, Col de Peyresourde, Col du Portet , plus more, then change locations ….
- Col du Tourmalet, Col d’Aubisque, Col de Soulor, Luz Ardiden,
- PLUS the climbs the locals favour,
- early June Tour – Montée du Géant festival,
- late September Tour – Autumn Colours,
- Avoid the peak tourist season.
Our Spring Pyrénées Challenge marks the official opening of the Pyrénées in early June for the summer cycling season.
The “Montée du Géant” festival is a celebration of cycling, endeavour and history, as you take part in the procession that returns Le Géant to his summer home, the summit of the Col du Tourmalet.
Our Autumn Pyrénées Challenge in late September takes you on a cycling tour of the stunning Pyrénéan autumn colours. The inspiring landscapes are highlighted with the incredible clarity that the autumn light offers; burnt oranges, vivid reds and lively yellows of this romantic season. With an invigorating chill to the air, riding the Pyrénées in autumn is pure bliss.
By holidaying in the Pyrénées during early June and late September, you avoid the busy traffic that comes with the July / August peak summer season.
Imagine quiet roads, punctuated by the occasional cow bell or local sheep herders and their flocks, allowing you to soak up the idyllic French serenity. You can be sure that after your VéloRoo Pyrénées Challenge, you will have stories and memories of a lifetime.
Cycling Tour Inclusions
Pyrénées Iconic Climbs Challenge includes:
- fully supported rides – vehicle support at all times as well as your ride guide,
- approx group size of 9 riders so you get premium support – we are small group specialists
- Performance Road Bike Hire included
- Accommodation – 9 nights twin share (single supplement available)
- only change locations once!
- All breakfasts,
- All lunches,
- All dinners,
- pick up from Tarbes train station or airport
- drop off at Lourdes train station
- European made VeloRoo Cycling Jersey,
- Cycling kits washed daily (and not by you in your bathroom sink!)
- You just turn up and ride, EVERYTHING is taken care of,
- Non-Cyclists – options available!
- Live, Laugh, Ride…
We recognise the increased uncertainty that the current COVID situation may be causing in planning your future trips. To help you book with confidence, we are offering a modified cancellation policy : until the situation has stabilised , we will be offering 100% refund on deposits for all new bookings made after 1st April 2020, on cancellations made more than 4 months prior to your tour start date.
Upcoming Tour Dates
Pyrénées Iconic Climbs Challenge
- 29th May - 7th June 2021
- Montee du Geant
- 5th - 10th September 2021
- Custom Tour
- 11th - 20th September 2021
- Autumn Colours