If you don't climb the mountain...
You can't enjoy the view!
Cycle the Pyrénées -
Awe-inspiring, epic proportions.
The mountains for Climbing Connoisseurs!
Road Cycling at its most iconic.
Enjoy the natural beauty of the French Pyrénées.
A ride to remember
Live the dream ...
Iconic Climbs Pyrénées Challenge
I’m relatively fit and comfortable on the bike and happiest on mild gradients or the flat.
I regularly ride for fitness, dry days I ride to work, and weekend fun with friends. I enjoy an active healthy lifestyle and occasional physical challenges.
Fitness and health is my life. I ride regularly on a weekly basis with mates and am comfortable with rides of around 4 hours at a relatively strong pace.
I ride on average 250 + k’s a week and enjoy a 100k rides on the weekends. I love to train, improve, and sometimes challenge amongst my friends.
Riding is my life! I’m not interested in racing, I don’t need to prove anything to anyone. I love the challenge and the idea of where my legs and bike can take me. My friends and I are always looking for the next cycling adventure.
VéloRoo’s Pyrénées Iconic Climbs Challenge is about experiencing the moment with incredible bike riding amidst the Haute Pyrenees. Discover two magnificent areas rich with cycling monuments, hidden local favourites and World Heritage listed areas of outstanding natural beauty ...
Cycling Tour Highlights
- Bucket list Pyrenees climbs,
- Col d’Aspin, Col de Peyresourde, Col du Portet , plus more, then change locations ….
- Col du Tourmalet, Col d’Aubisque, Col de Soulor, Luz Ardiden,
- PLUS the climbs the locals favour,
- early June Tour – Montée du Géant festival,
- late September / October Tour – Autumn Colours,
- Avoid the peak tourist season.
Our Spring Pyrénées Challenge marks the official opening of the Pyrénées in early June for the summer cycling season.
The “Montée du Géant” festival is a celebration of cycling, endeavour and history, as you take part in the procession that returns Le Géant to his summer home, the summit of the Col du Tourmalet.
Our Autumn Pyrénées Challenge in late September / early October takes you on a cycling tour of the stunning Pyrénéan autumn colours. The inspiring landscapes are highlighted with the incredible clarity that the autumn light offers; burnt oranges, vivid reds and lively yellows of this romantic season. With an invigorating chill to the air, riding the Pyrénées in autumn is pure bliss.
By holidaying in the Pyrénées during early June and late September, you avoid the busy traffic that comes with the July / August peak summer season.
Imagine quiet roads, punctuated by the occasional cow bell or local sheep herders and their flocks, allowing you to soak up the idyllic French serenity. You can be sure that after your VéloRoo Pyrénées Challenge, you will have stories and memories of a lifetime.
Cycling Tour Inclusions
Pyrénées Iconic Climbs Challenge includes:
- Small group specialists
- approx group size of 9 riders so you get premium support
- Fully supported rides
- Vehicle support by owner / operator Julia
- Ride guiding by owner / operator Steve,
- PLUS our very special ride guide – 2 times Olympian cyclist and all round great guy – Neil Martin
- Performance Road Bike Hire included
- Accommodation – 9 nights twin share (single supplement available)
- only change locations once!
- All breakfasts,
- All lunches,
- All dinners,
- pick up from Tarbes train station or airport
- drop off at Lourdes train station
- European made VeloRoo Cycling Jersey,
- Cycling kits washed daily (and not by you in your bathroom sink!)
- You just turn up and ride, EVERYTHING is taken care of,
- Non-Cyclists – options available!
- Live, Laugh, Ride…
Don’t have enough time? – Option to spilt the tour and do either – Part 1 (4 nights based from St Lary $3420) or Part 2 (5 nights based from Luz Saint Sauveur $4280)
Can’t get enough cycling? – Option to start with our 5 night Girona Tour then head to the Pyrenees with us.
We recognise the increased uncertainty that the current COVID situation may be causing in planning your future trips. To help you book with confidence, we are offering a modified cancellation policy : until the situation has stabilised , we will be offering 100% refund on deposits for cancellations made more than 2 months prior to your tour start date. Cancellations made after that date – due to COVID Restrictions – you will be able to move to a future tour.