Enjoy the magic of Girona
from the city to the countryside
the varied landscapes
the Costa Brava
Girona - Ride the Roads the locals love
AND great activities for a non-cycling partner
Cycling Tour Overview
Girona offers so much more than just pumping up the climbs on your bike. This tour is the perfect balance of awesome cycling and great vacation experiences, taking in the varying landscapes around Girona and includes excellent activities for non-cycling partners.
Do you want a great cycling vacation AND awesome activities for your non-cycling partner? Keep reading …
For the Cyclists
Our tour is about riding through amazing countryside on the best rides – not just ticking boxes.
- Girona’s secrets
- Rugged cliffs of the Costa Brava
- Mediterranean climbs
- Sweeping rural vistas
For the Non-Cyclists
- The sights of Girona
- A day out to the Costa Brava
- Market Visit & Cooking Class Catalan style
Contact us for your Group Booking
- Small group specialists
- 5 nights 4 star Accommodation – twin share (single supplement available)
- 5 breakfasts, lunches, 3 dinners
- 4 fully guided and supported rides
- Vehicle support by owner / operator Julia
- Ride guiding by owner / operator Steve,
- Performance Road Bike Hire included
- European made VeloRoo Cycling Jersey
- You just turn up and ride, EVERYTHING is taken take of
- Full itinerary for non-cyclists too!
- Guided Tour of the sights of Girona including entry tickets into monuments where applicable
- Guided day out to the Costa Brava – with time to shop and to relax
- Optional Kayaking & Snorkeling tour
- Market Visit & Catalan Cooking Class
Girona Cycling Tour – Day by Day
Awesome rides you’ll love and a variety of experiences for partners who prefer not to pedal.
Day 1: Ola! Girona
First things first – set your watch, mind and body to Catalunya time. Breakfast – don’t rush. Lunch from around 1pm and dinner not until at least 8pm.
So now we have that sorted – after you arrive into Girona, we will get you set up on your bikes, settled into your hotel and take in the magic views from the terrace over Girona.
There is so much to absorb – history, culture, architecture and local scenery!
Day 2: Discover Catalunya
Riders – 63km / 40 Miles – 1000m / 3300 feet Elevation Gain – Discover the first of your local climbs and expansive countryside views. Prefer not to Pedal – Discover the secrets of Catalan gastronomy in a local cooking class.
Day 3: The Costa Brava
Riders – 70km / 45 Miles – 1200m / 3950 feet Elevation Gain – Today we point our handlebars towards the glistening azure Mediterranean waters and rugged cliffs of the impossibly beautiful Costa Brava. Prefer not to Pedal – Enjoy a day at the beach with opportunities for shopping and medieval village visits. There is also the option of a kayaking & snorkelling tour.
Day 4: Explore the surrounds
Riders – 70km / 45 Miles – 950m / 3100 feet Elevation Gain – A circuit through Girona before heading into the countryside and a wonderful climb just outside the city. Prefer not to Pedal – Experience a Guided Tour of Girona to learn about the legends & history of the town.
Day 5: Mare de Deu del Mont! (mother of god mountain)
Riders – 85km / 55 Miles – 1800m / 5900 feet Elevation Gain – We go deep to the volcanic region and tackle some fabulous climbs and a local gem!
Prefer not to Pedal – A guided tour into the country in the direction of our cyclists, discovering Banyoles, Besalu and the Volcanic Zone.
Day 6: Time to say goodbye...
After breakfast we say goodbye to all of our new friends and make plans to meet up again in the next awesome cycling destination!
Upcoming Tour Dates
Girona Cycling Tour
- Custom Dates for your GroupRequest Dates