“It is by riding a bicycle that you learn the contours of a country best, since you have to sweat up the hills and coast down them. Thus you remember them as they actually are, while in a motor car only a high hill impresses you, and you have no such accurate remembrance of country you have driven through as you gain by riding a bicycle” ~ Ernest Hemmingway
Why choose a VéloRoo South of France Cycling Tour?
VéloRoo’s South of France Cycling Tours are based in the incredibly charming and unspoiled region of Occitanie. Our clients have said that “Occitanie” should translate to “I can’t believe I haven’t heard of this place before!” That’s both the catch and the charm of our area – you may not have heard of it, but neither have all the tourists!
Because we live here we can offer road cyclists the perfect balance between cycling, holidaying and sightseeing so you can Live, Laugh, Ride ….
- venture into our local region that we know and love
- ride stunning rural roads known only to the locals
- relish fresh regional cuisine during a picnic overlooking the vineyards
- savour seasonal gastronomy in our favourite restaurants
- avoid the tourist traps of the more publicised regions
- explore unspoiled medieval villages
- stroll through a vibrant market place where all the locals go
- lose yourself in the wonder of Spring colours
- immerse yourself in the grape harvest season
- enjoy the tranquil calm of Autumn
We say with confidence that it you will fall in love with our regions natural beauty and charm.
Non cycling partners are also catered for with visits to local markets, take part in a local painting class, a silver jewellery making workshop, be a part of cooking some delicious local produce or take a full day wine tour. There are many varied options available as well as being able to ride in the van and see the same sights as the riders.
To experience the changing of the seasons we offers the following seasonal based tours –
Spring (April / May) to see the amazing array of wild flowers and stunning fields of poppies
the Vendange (September) – all the activity of grape harvest time
and Autumn (October) to experience the beautiful autumn colours
An example of a day on tour – Breakfast at the B&B. A picturesque ride through the countryside of Occitanie taking in village history with occasional stops along the way for a coffee or refreshment and photo opportunities. Lunch spot – carefully selected for offering regionally inspired cuisine. After lunch – off the bikes – we visit local sites of interest. Dinner – Relax and enjoy a delicious dinner together.
South of France Cycling Tour includes
- Premium service
- We ride with you showing you the way
- Vehicle support – always on hand if a lift is required or extra refreshments
- Guaranteed Departure – Book with confidence
- Beziers International Airport or train station group transfer.
- includes performance road bike hire
- 7 nights accommodation at a beautiful Chambres d’hotes,(B&B) twin share (single supplement available*)
- all Breakfasts – beautiful croissants, pastries, breads, condiments, yogurts and seasonal fruits
- Snacks for your morning ride
- all Lunches – enjoy specially selected delicious lunches with local wine
- all Dinners with wine
- VéloRoo Cycling Kit
- Cycling kits washed daily
- A fantastic holiday experience!
Cost per person twin share AUD $3690
*Single supplement an additional AUD $350
“I love to ride, I love to laugh and I love to eat. This was a week of living!! Every ride was spectacular. The scenery was amazing. Julia and Steve assisted in an awesome week of experiencing all the magnificent aspects of riding in France. Their local knowledge made the difference to ensure we had an exceptional experience. Merci beaucoup mes amis!” David , Australia
Relax in our personally selected Chambres d’Hotes.
For your South of France Cycling Tour we have chosen the Chambre d’hotes, Le Cerisier, a lovingly restored vignerons house, in Saint Genies de Fontedit, hosted by Lisa & Damian.
You will enjoy a delicious breakfast each morning in the dining room. Relax when you feel like it in the lounge room and browse through their library of books. Free WiFi available.
Transport to the tour pickup location of Beziers Train Station or Beziers International Airport
Transport after the tour beyond Beziers Train Station or Beziers International Airport
Accommodation before or after the tour. However this can easily be arranged at an additional charge.
Personal items purchased
Additional food, drinks, snacks outside what is stated in the inclusions for the tour.
All alcohol except for a set amount of local wine included with lunch and dinner.
If you have any questions in regards to the VéloRoo Languedoc Week Cycling in France Tour contact us.
VéloRoo’s Cycling in the South of France Tour Video