Sunshine Coast Weekend Cycling Getaway
We'll show you the way
Discover the wide open spaces
Enjoy the views and the sounds of nature
Sunshine Coast Weekend Cycling Getaway
Cycling Tour Overview
1 Roo: I’m relatively fit and comfortable on the bike and happiest on mild gradients or the flat.
2 Roo’s: Fitness and health is my life. I ride regularly on a weekly basis with friends and on weekends I’m not daunted by rides of up to 5 hours for a few days back to back.
3 Roo’s: Riding is my life! I’m not interested in racing, I don’t need to prove anything to anyone. I love the challenge and the idea of where my legs and bike can take me. My friends and I are always looking for the next cycling adventure. Want to know more about the VéloRoo Roo levels?
Our Sunshine Coast Weekend Getaway Cycling Tour is designed to give you the ultimate snapshot of the Sunshine Coast cycling experience. So if you are short on time this is for you!
VéloRoo’s guided cycling holidays of the Sunshine Coast offer a smooth blend of structure and spontaneity. We are Sunny Coast locals and are excited to share our insider knowledge with the discerning cyclist to get the best for your special cycling getaway. We are passionate and experienced cycling tour guides and will make certain you soak up all the goodness the Sunshine Coast region has to offer – and challenge yourself in the process! Bike Options:
- You can bring your own trusted steed – the road bike you know and love – to conquer the hinterland climbs,
- if you prefer to travel light, we can arrange road bike hire for you.
Combining pristine ocean views, mountain vistas, exotic rainforest and true-blue Aussie bushland, VeloRoo’s guided cycling holidays of the Sunshine Coast showcase some of Queensland’s best and most beloved features. Our cycling routes avoid tourist hot-spots and your hosts’ local knowledge of Australia – this is our backyard, after all – will make you fall in love with our island home all over again.
This 3 Day Cycling Getaway example, is based on flying into the Sunshine Coast Maroochydore Airport
- Pick up Friday – before lunchtime from the Sunshine Coast Airport (flights not included),
- 3 stunning guided rides (Friday afternoon / Saturday / Sunday),
- transfers to and from our ride start locations where required,
- vehicle support on all 3 rides,
- ride snacks to keep you going,
- 3 delicious lunches at hand-picked locations,
- 3 nights accommodation in a self contained ocean view apartment at Coolum Beach,
- Transfers Monday morning to the Sunshine Coast Airport (flight not included).
- Non-cyclists are welcome – there is a range of bike-less activities on offer including day trips and wellness days
- A fantastic cycling holiday experience!
- Risk free cancellation terms.We recognise the increased uncertainty that the current COVID situation may be causing in planning your future trips. To help you book with confidence, we are offering a modified cancellation policy on our Australian Tours: until the situation has stabilised, we will be offering a totally flexible approach to cancellations. If you are unable to travel due to new government restrictions at the time of your tour we will reschedule dates or provide a full refund with no penalty. We are here to help plan your future dates when you can travel again safely.
$1150 per person – based on 8 people sharing two self-contained ocean view apartments (2 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms). For a quote on other groups sizes just get in touch. Driving up from Brisbane – get in touch for a package price without the transfers. Additional cycling days are available on request; as are days off, featuring non-cycling activities. Simply contact us for all the details.
Sunshine Coast Weekend Cycling Getaway – Day by Day
An example of a 3 day weekend getaway. Our rides are modular so we can easily add more days.
Day 1: The Sunshine Coast Classique
Ready, steady, go! This VéloRoo Sunshine Coast Cycling Getaway is off to a flying start: whether we collect you from Sunshine Coast Airport or meet you at our Coolum accommodation, you will be getting into your cycling kit and your bike road-ready by lunchtime. After a quick lunch, we will whisk you away on your first exploratory ride of Queensland’s best-kept cycling secret.
Day 2: More QLD than a Maroon Pineapple!
This route is designed to show off some local roads with distinctive character – some might even call them character building. Get into the spirit of the Sunshine Coast Hinterland as we take you through some of the most charming and lesser-known nooks and crannies of the region.
Day 3: The Heritage Tour
Today’s riding stage is a classic voyage of discovery as we cycle our way through history on picturesque roads winding through small mountain-side farms. Our cycling route feels a world away from the hustle and bustle of the busy Sunny Coast towns.
Day 4: See you later, alligator...
It’s back to reality as we see you off at the Sunshine Coast Airport, and sad though this may be, you know this is not goodbye; VéloRoo will be ready to welcome you back any time for new adventures with open arms and wide open roads.