The perfect day tour of the Sunshine Coast
A leisurely off-road cycling tour of some of the best trails Queensland has to offer.
Beautiful trails through natural bush
Ride through the Sunshine Coast's idyllic rainforests and bushland, teeming with native plants and bird song.
Tranquil waters of the Sunshine Coast
A perfect backdrop to your off-road cycling adventure.
An awesome journey
Let us show you around the Sunshine coast on these fabulous, hidden-secret trails!
Take your time, capture the moment
Take a cycling tour of the Sunshine Coast Hinterland.
Cycling tours of the Sunshine Coast Bush
A little bit of down before a little bit of up!
Paperbark forests of South-East Queensland
Cool, sandy trails scattered with dappled sunlight.
Forest Explorer Bike Ride
Live, Laugh, Ride ... that's our motto! Step off the beaten track and experience the natural beauty of the Sunshine Coast. Enjoy a laugh with old friends or new, and enjoy this guided active adventure cycling tour.
Breathe in the fresh forest air and listen to nothing but the sounds of nature.
Sound relaxing? You bet!
What a great way to spend a few hours exploring the Sunshine Coast region by bike. This guided cycling tour of the Sunshine Coast takes you along a nice, wide trail through beautiful bushland abounding with bird song.
On this tour of the Sunshine Coast’s hidden-side, we ride through a Heritage-listed former rail tunnel, constructed over 100 years ago. This tour is not strenuous or fast paced: it’s about enjoying the moment.
For this bike tour we follow a short section on cycling paths, but it’s mostly riding forest trails. You’ll ride loose sand and gravel at times, so you need some basic bike experience. Steve is a qualified cycling coach so is there to give you help, support and guidance. There is a brief section on the ride back into the township of Mooloolah Valley where you will be on the side of quiet roads on a nice, wide cycling lane. Then it’s time for coffee and maybe a bite to eat in the local cafe or bakery to soak in the countryside Sunshine Coast atmosphere.
Sunshine Coast Forest Explorer Bike Ride includes:
- Small group numbers,
- Guided Bike Tour of the Sunshine Coast,
- Low pressure wide tyres on all bikes, perfect for the bush trails,
- Mountain bike and helmet – all sanitised in compliance with COVID Safe practices,
- Bike handling tips from a qualified cycling coach,
- Friendly local guides – this is our backyard!
- Private group tours available on request.
- Upgrade to e-bike (electric bike), available by pre-arrangement,
- Transfers from your accommodation to the start point (and return). We can arrange a quote on request.
Timing & Meeting Point
- Meeting point at Martin Rungert Park, cnr Neill Rd & Bray Rd, Mooloolah Valley. There is a car park, or if this is full, there is more parking behind the shops across the road.
- Arrive by 8:00am to allow us time to get you set up and comfortable on your off-road bike,
- We will aim to return to this location by approx. 10 – 10:30 am.
What to Bring / Wear
- Comfortable clothing for the ride,
- Closed in shoes,
- Phone / Camera.
- Ages: from 12yrs +
- Experience / Fitness: This is an active cycling tour experience. You should have basic bike skills and be comfortable riding on loose and uneven surfaces. This cycling tour does not use any trails that require technical mountain bike skills. If you have any questions or concerns please contact us, we’re happy to have a chat.
- Wet weather: If weather creates a safety concern, either before or during the experience, we may be required to cancel the cycling tour. We will work with you to arrange another suitable day so that you don’t miss out on this great adventure. If this isn’t possible you will be refunded.
Acknowledgement of Country
In the spirit of reconciliation VeloRoo acknowledges the Traditional Custodians of country throughout Australia and their connections to land, sea and community. We pay our respect to their elders past and present and extend that respect to all Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples today.