If you don't climb the mountain...
You can't enjoy the view!
Cycle the Pyrénées -
Awe-inspiring, epic proportions.
The mountains for Climbing Connoisseurs!
Road Cycling at its most iconic.
Enjoy the natural beauty of the French Pyrénées.
A ride to remember
Live the dream ...
Iconic Climbs Pyrénées Challenge
VéloRoo’s Iconic Climbs Pyrénées Challenge offers you the chance to experience the perfect blend of incredible bike riding and unique culture of the Haute Pyrénées and Pays Toy, a region rich with iconic climbs and World Heritage listed areas of incredible natural beauty.
Cycling Tour Highlights
- Bucket list Pyrenees climbs,
- Col du Tourmalet, Col d’Aubisque, Col de Soulor, Luz Ardiden,
- PLUS the climbs the locals favour,
- early June Tour – Montée du Géant festival,
- late September Tour – Autumn Colours,
- Avoid the peak tourist season.
Our Spring Pyrénées Challenge marks the official opening of the Pyrénées in early June for the summer cycling season.
The “Montée du Géant” festival is a celebration of cycling, endeavour and history, as you take part in the procession that returns Le Géant to his summer home, the summit of the Col du Tourmalet.
Our Autumn Pyrénées Challenge in late September takes you on a cycling tour of the stunning Pyrénéan autumn colours. The inspiring landscapes are highlighted with the incredible clarity that the autumn light offers; burnt oranges, vivid reds and lively yellows of this romantic season. With an invigorating chill to the air, riding the Pyrénées in autumn is pure bliss.
By holidaying in the Pyrénées during early June and late September, you avoid the busy traffic that comes with the July / August peak summer season.
Imagine quiet roads, punctuated by the occasional cow bell or local sheep herders and their flocks, allowing you to soak up the idyllic French serenity. You can be sure that after your VéloRoo Pyrénées Challenge, you will have stories and memories of a lifetime.
Cycling Tour Inclusions
Iconic Climbs Pyrénées Challenge includes:
- fully supported rides – vehicle support and ride guides,
- with 6 or more cyclists, we will be joined on the road by Neil Martin – “double Olympian … Moscow ’80 & LA ’84 … won a few bike races all over Europe … countries ridden in now count at 34 ….. and proud dad of Dan Martin”
- Accommodation – 5 nights twin share (single supplement available)
- the one central location – no packing and unpacking!
- Meals – all breakfasts, all lunches, all dinners,
- European made VeloRoo Cycling Kit (shorts / jersey / gloves),
- Performance Road Bike hire – no transporting or packing worries for your bike,
- max 10 riders so you get premium support – we are small group specialists
- Cycling kits washed daily (and not by you in your bathroom sink!)
- You just turn up and ride, EVERYTHING is taken care of,
- Non-Cyclists – options available!
- Live, Laugh, Ride…