A Day of Adventure
Get away from the crowds and explore the Glass House area by foot, bike, canoe and car.
....along hidden paths. Come on an adventure with us!
... the tranquil waters on a journey into the heart of nature
... to magnificent views from the lookout
Glass House Adventure Day
Our motto is Live, Laugh, Ride ... and, in this case, "paddle"! This day trip is all about getting into nature, stepping off the beaten track and having a good time. VéloRoo's guided bike and canoe tour takes the adventurer into the hidden landscapes surrounding the Glasshouse Mountains; showcasing natural features few will ever discover.
Come and join VéloRoo on a day of adventure. The Glasshouse Mountains area has so much more to offer than its iconic volcanic features.
Our unique Glasshouse adventure scenic bike, canoe and self drive tour takes you along bush trails, around secret river bends and all the way up to hidden Glasshouse Mountain lookouts. Stunning vistas of the Glasshouse Mountains and southern Sunshine Coast are waiting for you to discover them.
Immerse yourself and find your bliss in this peaceful environment as you pedal and paddle with your guide, experiencing a range of different terrains. Along the way, you will learn about the local history, regional produce, flora and fauna; and hopefully spot wallabies, kangaroos, the vulnerable black glossy cockatoo…there are no limits to the surprises the local wildlife has in store.
- Bike – Ride exotic pine forest trails, buzzing with the sounds of the wild
- Canoe – Glide along tranquil waterways under the canopy of native forest
- Walk – Let the views of the Glasshouse Mountains take your breath away
For the final part of this epic day out, an exclusive road map will lead you to viewing spots only a local would know. You’ll be back at your accommodation in time for sunset aperos – invigorated and full of stories to celebrate your day of adventure!
Glass House Adventurer – Pedal & Paddle includes:
- Small group numbers
- Guided Bike Tour
- Low pressure wide tyres on all bikes, perfect for the bush trails
- Mountain bike and helmet – all sanitised in compliance with COVID Safe practices
- Bike handling tips from a qualified cycling coach
- Guided Canoe Tour
- 2 person Canoe and life vests – our 2 person canoes are stable, easy to paddle and glide almost effortlessly through the water
- Canoe handling tips from a qualified instructor
- Friendly local guides – this is our backyard!
- Private group tours available on request
- BUT wait – we then have a Glasshouse Mountains Travel Pack with everything you need for your post-tour experience: an exclusive self-drive itinerary, giving you a choice of local highlights to explore independently by car, including some delightful walks if you are keen
- Upgrade to e-bike (electric bike) available by pre-arrangement
- Transfers from your accommodation to the start point (and return). We can arrange a quote on request.
Timing & Meeting Point
- Meeting point at 4288 Bruce Hwy, Coochin Creek (at the back of the McDonalds car park area, next to the Coles Express Service Station)
- Arrive by 7:30am to allow us time to get you set up and comfortable on your bike
- We will aim to return to this location by approx. 12:30pm
What to Bring / Wear
- Comfortable clothing for the ride and canoe trip – bring a towel just in case
- Closed in shoes
- Sunscreen / hat
- Phone / Camera
- Backpack for extras – this can be transported in the support vehicle. No need to lug it around 🙂
- Ages from 12yrs +
- Experience / Fitness This is an active tour experience. You should have basic bike skills and be comfortable riding on loose and uneven surfaces. This tour does not use any trails that require technical mountain bike skills. If you have any questions or concerns please contact us, we’re happy to have a chat.
- Wet weather If weather creates a safety concern, either before or during the experience, we may be required to cancel the tour. We will work with you to arrange another suitable day so that you don’t miss out on this great adventure. If this isn’t possible you will be refunded.
Acknowledgement of Country
In the spirit of reconciliation VeloRoo acknowledges the Traditional Custodians of country throughout Australia and their connections to land, sea and community. We pay our respect to their elders past and present and extend that respect to all Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples today.