“If you don’t climb the mountain, you can’t enjoy the view”
Pyrénées …. the mountains for Climbing Connoisseurs!
VéloRoo’s Iconic Climbs Pyrénées Challenge offers you the chance to experience a perfect blend of incredible riding and unique culture of the Haute Pyrénées and Pays Toy, a region rich with iconic TdF climbs and World Heritage listed areas of incredible natural beauty.
- Bucket list Pyrenees climbs
- Col du Tourmalet, Col d’Aubisque, Col de Soulor, Luz Ardiden
- PLUS the climbs the locals favour
- June Tour – Montée du Géant festival
- October Tour – Autumn Colours
- Avoid the peak tourist season
Our Spring Pyrénées Challenge marks the official opening of the Pyrénées in early June for the summer cycling season .
The “Montée du Géant” festival is a celebration of cycling, endeavour and history, as you take part in the procession that returns Le Géant to his summer home, the summit of the Col du Tourmalet.
Our October Pyrénées Challenge coincides with the beautiful Pyrénéan autumn colours. The spectacular landscape is highlighted with the incredible clarity that the autumn light delivers along with the oranges, reds and yellows of autumn colours.
There is a crispness in the air that makes riding at this time of year bliss!
AND you avoid the busy traffic that comes with the July / August peak summer season.
Quiet roads, except for the sound of cow bells, to let you soak up your picturesque surrounds.
If we are lucky, we may even come across local shepherds moving their flock from the high pastures to the warmer valleys below!
You can be sure that after your VéloRoo Pyrénées Challenge, you will have stories and memories of a lifetime.
- fully supported rides – vehicle support and ride guides
- 5 nights accommodation twin share
- the one central location – no packing and unpacking!
- all breakfasts
- all lunches
- all dinners
- European made VeloRoo Cycling Kit (shorts / jersey / gloves)
- Performance Road Bike hire – no transporting / packing worries for your bike
- max 9 riders with ride guide plus vehicle support
- Cycling kits washed daily
- You just turn up and ride, EVERTHING is taken care of
- Non-Cyclists – options available!
- Live, Laugh, Ride ….
Check out the itinerary!
Cost per person twin share AUD $3445
*Single supplement an additional AUD $375
Non cycling partners can also be catered for. You are welcome to ride along in the support vehicle and enjoy the breathtaking scenery of the Pyrenees and cheer on the riders, go on a walk / hike on one of the many trails through the area or pamper yourself at one of the local Thermal Spas. Contact us to discuss the many options available.
Your accommodation is in the 3 star Hotel les Templiers in Luz Saint Sauveur. We have chosen this small hotel for its central location for our climbs and lovely staff who make you feel at home. You can unpack your bag when you arrive and enjoy 5 nights in the one location. WiFi is available.
Transport to the tour start transfer location of Lourdes
Transport after the tour beyond Lourdes Train Station
Accommodation before or after the tour.
Personal items purchased
Additional food, drinks, snacks outside what is stated in the inclusions for the tour.
If you have any questions in regards to this Tour contact us.
“Whenever I see an adult on a bicycle, I have hope for the human race” ~ H.G. Wells